Financial Aid and Scholarships
Finance your education at Boise State University
- 2023-2024 FAFSA Application is now open
- Early December 2022 – Fall 2022, Complete exit counseling session if you are graduating fall semester and have received a Direct Loan at Boise State. You will receive a letter or email with information about what is required.
- December 14, 2022 – Fall 2022, Deadline to complete a master promissory note for loans to be released in December. After December 16, fall aid cannot be released until grades are checked and eligibility for fall aid is reevaluated.
- December 15, 2022 – Fall 2024, Scholarship priority date for non-residents of Idaho (new freshmen and transfer students). Last day to have all admissions materials received in the Admissions Office to be considered for 2023-2024 (next year) automatic scholarships (WUE, Treasure Scholarships). Refer to our scholarships website for specific eligibility criteria.
- December 16, 2022 – Fall 2022, Last date for disbursement of fall aid until semester grades are final.
- December 16, 2022 – Fall 2022, Last day of finals.
- December 16, 2022 – Spring 2023, Submit direct deposit authorization by this date on myBoiseState for earliest disbursement of fall financial aid to be deposited into your savings/checking account. Without direct deposit set up, any refunds will be sent as a check by mail.
- December 23, 2022 – Spring 2023, Electronically accept aid and complete any financial aid To-Do items (direct loan counseling, master promissory note) by this date to have financial aid available for earliest disbursement of aid.
- End of December – 2023-2024, Electronic notification to new and transfer non-resident students of Fall 2023 scholarship awards. Watch myBoiseState, your Student Center, and BroncoMail for notification.
- December 23 -January 31, 2023 – Spring 2023, Freeze on loan increases, budget increases and special conditions requests.
- December 27, 2022 – Spring 2023, Ideal date by which to finalize your spring class schedule to receive the fullest amount of your spring financial aid. Part-time students may begin to see aid reduced based on the level of enrollment prior to the first disbursement of aid.
- January 3, 2023 – Spring 2023, The earliest date that spring semester aid (scholarships, loans, grants) may be applied toward paying spring fees. Check your account at the end of the day today for disbursements. Allow 3-5 business days to receive refunds by direct deposit or 7-10 days to receive checks by mail.
- January 6, 2023 – Spring 2023, Estimated date for first direct deposit or refund checks received for excess spring financial aid.
- January 7, 2023 – Spring 2023, Fee payment deadline for students registered for spring semester.
- January 9, 2023 – Spring 2023 Classes Begin
- January 9, 2023 – Spring 2023, Anticipated date that Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) review will be completed for students enrolled during Fall 2022. SAP must be reviewed prior to disbursement of spring semester aid for those with SAP warnings, holds, or academic plans.
- Mid-January – 2023-2024, E-mails to new students awarded 2023-2024 (next year) federal financial aid. Watch myBoiseState and BroncoMail for award notifications
- January 23, 2023, 11:59 pm – Spring 2023, First financial aid Pell Recalculation Date – eligibility for financial aid determined by the number of credits registered on this date. All credits for classes that start on 01/9/23, including internship credits, must be in place by this deadline. Only “financial aid eligible” credits count towards enrollment level, scholarship eligibility, Pell Grant and loan eligibility.
- January 23, 2023 – Spring 2023, Deadline to submit a SAP appeal for the spring semester.
For more information see our Dates and Deadlines.