Financial Aid and Scholarships
Finance your education at Boise State University
- July 1, 2023 – Fall 2023, First date students may begin earning 2023-2024 work-study funds if enrolled in at least six credits for fall semester, has an accepted award, and has been hired into a work-study position.
- July 15 – September 1, 2023 – Fall 2023, Freeze on processing special conditions. Limited counselor appointments available.
- August 4, 2023 – Fall 2023, Ideal date by which to finalize your fall class schedule to receive the fullest amount of your fall financial aid. Part-time students may begin to see aid reduced based on the level of enrollment prior to the first disbursement of aid.
- August 7, 2023 – Fall 2023, Electronically accept aid and complete the following financial aid to-do items (direct loan counseling, master promissory note) by this date to have financial aid available for earliest release (disbursement) of aid.
- August 7, 2023 – Fall 2023, Submit direct deposit authorization by this date on myBoiseState for earliest disbursement of fall financial aid to be deposited into your savings/checking account.
- End of Day, August 11, 2023 – Fall 2023, The earliest date that fall semester aid (scholarships, loans, grants) may be applied towards paying fall fees. Check your account at the end of the day today for disbursements. Allow 3-5 business days to receive refunds by direct deposit or 7-10 days for refund checks by mail.
For more information see our Dates and Deadlines.