Financial Aid and Scholarships
Finance your education at Boise State University
- November 3, 2023 – Fall 2023, Target deadline to submit documents (verification tax transcripts, etc.) needed to complete your Fall 2023 financial aid application for students enrolled fall semester only at Boise State. Documents submitted after this date may be ineligible for student loans, but will still be evaluated for Pell Grant eligibility.
- November 3, 2023 – Fall 2023, Second financial aid Pell Recalculation Date – Pell Grant eligibility for student enrolled in sessions starting after 09/03/23 determined by number of credits register on this date. Only “financial aid eligible credits” count toward enrollment level, scholarship eligibility, Pell Grant and loan eligibility
- November 15, 2023 – Fall 2023, Last day to submit Special Conditions Form for fall (if you are graduating at the end of Fall 2023).
- November 15, 2023 – Fall 2023, Last day to request an additional Direct Loan for fall semester only.
- November 15, 2023 – Spring 2024, Priority admission date for spring semester for undergraduate, degree-seeking applicants. All admissions materials are to be received by the Admissions Office by this date. Applicants who miss this priority date will be considered for degree-seeking status on a space available basis. Students who are ineligible for degree-seeking admission may be considered for nondegree-seeking status and are ineligible for financial aid.
- December 2023 – 2024-2025 FAFSA scheduled to be released sometime this month. Without a published release date, please visit studentaid.gov for the most up to date information.
- Early December 2023 – Fall 2023, Complete exit counseling session if you are graduating fall semester and have received a Direct Loan at Boise State. You will receive a letter or email with information about what is required.
- December 13, 2023 – Fall 2023, Deadline to complete a master promissory note for loans to be released in December. After December 15, fall aid cannot be released until grades are checked and eligibility for fall aid is reevaluated.
- December 15, 2023 – Fall 2023, Last date for disbursement of fall aid until semester grades are final.
- December 15, 2023 – Spring 2024, Submit direct deposit authorization by this date on myBoiseState for earliest disbursement of spring financial aid to be deposited into your savings/checking account.
- December 22, 2023 – Spring 2024, Electronically accept aid and complete any financial aid to-do items (such as direct loan counseling or your master promissory note) by this date to have financial aid available for earliest disbursement of aid.
- December 22 through January 31, 2024 – Spring 2024, Freeze on loan increases, budget increases and special conditions requests.
- December 26, 2023 – Ideal date by which to finalize your spring class schedule to receive the fullest amount of your spring financial aid. Part-time students may begin to see aid reduced based on the level of enrollment prior to the first disbursement of aid.
- End of Day, January 2, 2024 – Spring 2024, The earliest date that spring semester aid (scholarships, loans, grants) can be applied toward paying spring fees. Check your account at the end of the day today for disbursements. Allow 3-5 business days to receive refunds by direct deposit or 7-10 days to receive checks by mail.
- January 5, 2024 – Spring 2024, Estimated earliest date first direct deposit or refund checks received for excess spring financial aid.
- January 6, 2024 – Spring 2024, Fee payment deadline for students registered for spring semester.
- January 12, 2024 – Spring 2024, Anticipated date that Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) review will be completed for students enrolled during Fall 2023. SAP must be reviewed prior to disbursement of spring semester aid for those with SAP warnings, holds, or academic plans.
For more information see our Dates and Deadlines.