Financial Aid and Scholarships
Finance your education at Boise State University
- June 1, 2023 – Fall 2023, Deadline for accepting non-resident 2023-24 Boise State scholarships.
- June 9, 2023 11:59 pm – Summer 2023, Summer Census Date: All credits are locked in by this deadline to be considered for summer Pell Grant and Direct Loans (federal student aid).
- June 10, 2023 – Summer 2023, Last day for students who are enrolled in summer to work using 2022-2023 work-study awards. New work-study hiring paperwork is needed for continuing work-study employees with a new 2023-2024 award before you continue working on or after July 1.
- June 15, 2023 – Summer 2023, SAP appeal deadline for summer.
- June 15, 2023 – Fall 2023, Electronic notification to new and transfer resident students of Fall 2023 scholarship awards. Watch myBoiseState, Student Center and BroncoMail for notification.
- July 1, 2023 – Fall 2023, First date students may begin earning 2023-2024 work-study funds if enrolled in at least six credits for fall semester, has an accepted award, and has been hired into a work-study position.
- July 15 – September 1, 2023 – Fall 2023, Freeze on processing special conditions. Limited counselor appointments available.
- August 4, 2023 – Fall 2023, Ideal date by which to finalize your fall class schedule to receive the fullest amount of your fall financial aid. Part-time students may begin to see aid reduced based on the level of enrollment prior to the first disbursement of aid.
- August 7, 2023 – Fall 2023, Electronically accept aid and complete the following financial aid to-do items (direct loan counseling, master promissory note) by this date to have financial aid available for earliest release (disbursement) of aid.
- August 7, 2023 – Fall 2023, Submit direct deposit authorization by this date on myBoiseState for earliest disbursement of fall financial aid to be deposited into your savings/checking account.
- End of Day, August 11, 2023 – Fall 2023, The earliest date that fall semester aid (scholarships, loans, grants) may be applied towards paying fall fees. Check your account at the end of the day today for disbursements. Allow 3-5 business days to receive refunds by direct deposit or 7-10 days for refund checks by mail.
For more information see our Dates and Deadlines.
News and Updates
Biden-Harris Student Debt Relief
Visit studentaid.gov for the most recent updates on the recently announced Biden-Harris Administration student debt relief plan, including the one-time loan cancellation.
A Fresh Start for Federal Student Loan Borrowers in Default
The U.S. Department of Education announced an initiative—called “Fresh Start”—to help eligible borrowers in default. If your loans are eligible, you’ll temporarily regain several student aid benefits. You’ll also get the opportunity to get out of default and keep those benefits for the long term.
Fresh Start will continue through December 31, 2023 – one year after the COVID-19 payment pause ends.
Federal CARES Act and HEERF Funding
Please visit our Federal CARES Act (no more funds), our HEERF II (no more funds), and HEERF III (no more funds) web pages for further information on these funds.