What to do if you cannot set up an IRS account:
- Make an appointment with your local IRS office and request a Verification of Non-filing Letter be printed for you.
- If you do not live in close vicinity to an IRS office, you will need to mail or fax a Form 4506-T to the IRS.
- Please fill it out completely and mail or fax it to the appropriate location based on your state of residency.
If you have not received a letter by mail in 10 business days:
The statement would need to include:
- An assertation that you attempted but were unable to get the letter from the IRS (make sure you tried to get it by mailing/faxing the Form 4506-T), including the day you mailed it.
- Confirmation that you did not file taxes for the specific year we are asking for.
- Confirmation of the income you reported on your Boise State Non-Filing form.
- A handwritten signature made with a pen, stylus, or mouse. Typed signatures will not be accepted.