Student organization members who intend to travel also need to complete a Field Trip Consent and Travel Expectations Agreement prior to going on any trips with their group. This form can be completed once per student for the academic year and will cover any travel a student intends to do with their organization. The Field Trip Consent and Travel Expectations Agreement is available through Engage.
Students are representatives of Boise State University whenever they participate in an off-campus activity sanctioned by the university, or where there is a substantive connection between their participation in the activity and the fact they are Boise State University students. As such, students’ behavior at off-campus activities—regardless of scope or distance from campus—is reflective of the university, and students are therefore expected to:
- Maintain the safety and well-being of students, faculty and staff of Boise State University, as well as other individuals contacted in any capacity during the travel.
- Respect the security and protection of property belonging to individuals, to Boise State University and to other institutions and establishments.
- Create an environment and maintain practices that sustain the educational goals of the travel.
- Pledge obedience to any and all Federal, State, Local and Boise State University policies, laws and regulations. Students are responsible for personal behavior and consequences while traveling. Note: Students may be held liable for personal actions that result in physical injury or property damage and are not covered under Boise State University’s State Risk Insurance Coverage.
- Follow the Boise State University Student Code of Conduct. Anyone violating the Student Code of Conduct while traveling is subject to the sanctions enumerated in Articles 10 and 11 of that code.