Loyal Broncos: Beverly and David Taylor

Beverly and David Taylor
The Taylors with Luis Aguilar (BA spanish 2016, MA counseling 2019), a recipient of the Taylor Scholarship.
Photo by Wankun Sirichotiyakul

Beverly and David Taylor have dedicated their lives to fostering student success at Boise State. David Taylor served as the university’s vice president for student affairs for several years, ending his 26-year career with an emeritus title and Taylor Hall named in his honor.

“Today I stand on the shoulders of David Taylor,” said Mark Wheeler, dean of Extended Studies. “He launched us on the trajectory that has resulted in us being the large, vibrant, and innovative university that we are.”

The Taylors understand the value of supporting students through scholarships. They have given to the university since 1980.

“As college students, we benefited from scholarships from our state as well as from generous donors, and we were grateful,” Beverly Taylor said.

The couple founded the Beverly and David Service Scholarship that supports undergraduate students whose service to the university covers a broad spectrum.

“This scholarship will allow me to focus on my studies and will let me take full advantage of the opportunity I’ve been given,” said recipient Amanda Wolf, a biology major from Boise. “Not everyone gets the liberty to complete a degree in the field they choose. I don’t take it lightly.”

What’s a Loyal Bronco?
A donor who has given consecutively for more than five years.

Become a Loyal Bronco By Making a Gift.

Inspired? Let's Chat!