Believe in Broncos: Cathy Hall

Cathy Hall
Cathy Hill, John Kelly photo.

Cathy Hall is a “double Bronco” with degrees in marketing and social work. She is an original member of the School of Social Work Advisory Council and has volunteered for several years to interview applicants to the online masters of social work program. She spent her two-decade career at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare and the Veterans Administration in Boise where she retired as the chief of social work. She regularly worked with student interns from Boise State and other institutions and tried, she said, to make sure those interns had rewarding experiences under her care.

Hall is a member of the Barnwell Society. The society, named for Boise State’s first president, Bishop Middleton Barnwell, recognizes donors who have chosen to benefit the university through their deferred charitable estate plans. Hall’s gift will create a scholarship to support students working to earn their master of social work.

“Two things in my life that I’m passionate about are Boise State, and social work,” Hall said. “My donation will help students. It’s also my way of paying it forward to a career that was very rewarding and fulfilling for me. It’s nice to know that my estate, whatever its value, will make a difference.”

Become a Donor

Inspired by this Story?

Believe in Broncos

Through its nearly nine decades of educating students, Boise State has inspired great devotion from those who support the university as donors, volunteers, mentors, and more. #BelieveInBroncos is our way to share their stories.

Create Your Legacy