Skip to main content

H-1B Transfers and Portability

H-1B employees are only authorized to work in the specific job for which the H-1B was petitioned.  However, there are special allowances for employees who already hold H-1B status and are changing employers.  It is important to discuss the H-1B transfer process with a Center for Global Engagement (CGE) advisor before leaving your current employment and before work begins at Boise State University.  The timing of H-1B filings is particularly important for transfer H-1B situations.

Buster Bronco posing at the B statue on campus