Solve Complex Environmental Problems
As part of the School of the Environment, the Certificate in Human-Environment Systems is an interdisciplinary certificate program that trains students to formulate research questions and communicate scientific findings effectively to diverse audiences.
The Graduate Certificate in Human-Environment Systems is 9 credits total.
Take the following:
- HES 500 – Foundations in Human-Environment Systems Science (3 credits)
- HES 600 – SES (Social-Ecological Systems) Research Methods (3 credits)
Take at least 3 credits from the following:
- CS 533 – Introduction to Data Science (3 credits)
- EEB 603 – Reproducible Science (3 credits)
- EEB 621 – Advanced Ecological Data Analysis (3 credits)
- SPS 502 – Quantitative Methods for the Social Sciences (3 credits)
- Or 3 credits approved by the Program Coordinator