Our application consists of three components: your academic record, a resume, and an essay. For current Boise State students or incoming transfer students, we recommend an unweighted cumulative 3.25 college GPA or higher*. Your resume and essay serve as opportunities for you to highlight your experience in engaging with the world around you.
*Note: Meeting or exceeding our academic performance recommendations does not automatically guarantee admission or a scholarship from the Honors College. Failure to meet them does not automatically disqualify you for admission.
To be admitted to the Honors College in the fall semester, you must have completed at least one semester of college at the time of your application.
To be admitted to the Honors College in the spring semester, you must have completed two semesters of college after high school graduation OR be core-certified (or equivalent, ~60 credits) by the end of the fall semester in which you apply.
- Our application cycle for spring admission runs from August 1- December 15. You will be notified of your admission decision no later than January 4.
- Our application cycle for fall admission runs from January 1 – May 1. You will be notified of our admission decision according to this schedule:
- Apply by February 15 to receive a decision on or before March 15
- Apply by May 1 to receive a decision on or before May 15
- If you apply before February 15 and are placed on our waitlist, you will receive your final Honors admission decision no later than March 31