Job Standard for Sports Video Services Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- The Job Overview, Level Scope, Minimum Qualifications and Essential Job Functions are specific to this job’s competencies and cannot be edited.
- For the Job Posting you may;
- update/change the purpose to add in department specific information,
- add key responsibilities to the 35% of the time, specific to your department needs,
- add a preferred qualifications section
- post the position using the business title
The statements on this job standard are intended to describe the general nature of the role and level of work being performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
Sports Video Services Coordinator Overview
- Person Group: Professional
- Job Code: 75160
- Pay Grade: P5
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: Communications & Marketing
- Function: Broadcasting
Manage and oversee game footage and digital technology for all sports other than football. Will have game management responsibilities and maintain computer networking production of highlight videos.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a controlled network setting with the ability to map drives printers and remotes
- Knowledge of various post-production software, edit styles, music and how to use them to promote, inspire, motivate and educate the team, staff and the general public.
- Superior attention to detail and results oriented
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Good knowledge of: computer/server components; professional camera equipment; XOS Thunder.
- Experience: working collaboratively with creative teams; managing digital media assets; marketing, business and digital video; project management within a creative production environment.
60% of Time the Sports Video Services Coordinator must:
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all media formats
- Oversee digital game trade using specific internet based programs mandated by the conference with opposing teams and conference officials.
- Coordinate mobile devices such as notebooks, ipads, cell phones etc. and how these devices can make coaches workflow more efficient in and away from the office.
- Organize, hire, train, supervise, and staff weekly football practices, home and away games for football and various special events.
35% of Time the Sports Video Services Coordinator
Determined by department needs
5% of Time the Sports Video Services Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Some positions may involve frequent bending, moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 50 pounds; some positions may involve moving, lifting, and carrying material weighing up to 70 pounds; standing up to eight hours each day; working in all weather conditions; exposure to high noise levels and require wearing hearing protection.
Position is required to travel with the football team to away competitions.
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbent must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.