Job Standard for Workforce Equity Coordinator
How to use this Job Standard:
- The Purpose, Scope, Qualifications and Job Functions are specific to this job title and can not be edited.
- Click “View in Google Docs/Download” and download to Word.
- Under Essential Functions you may add an additional 35%, specific to your department needs. 4. Complete this standard before creating the job announcement and posting the position. 5. This standard will be used as the new Job Description for the prospective employee. 6. After hire is complete, insert Employee Name and PCN#
Workforce Equity Coordinator Overview
- Work Type: Professional
- Job Code: 75867
- Pay Grade: P6
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Family: General Administration
- Function: Legal
The Workforce Equity (AA/EEO) Coordinator provides support for developing, implementing and maintaining a range of successful Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (AA/EEO) practices. The person in this role will also help implement strategies for a more inclusive and equitable recruitment and hiring process in support of the university’s strategic plan.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent plus 2 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and interpret AA/EEO policies, procedures, and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of the ways in which DEI impacts hiring and retention
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and affirmative action requirements
- Experience with organizational change and comfortable discussing sensitive topics
60% of Time the Workforce Equity Coordinator must:
- Collaborates with and advises human resource staff on EEO, affirmative action, and inclusion practices and policies.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices and supports practices that ensure compliance and continual improvement.
- Collaborates with HR Talent Acquisition to design and help implement recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds.
- Monitors candidate hiring pool demographics against affirmative action goals and EEO requirements.
- Maintains the University’s affirmative action plan; monitors progress and collaborates with management to achieve these goals.
35% of Time the Workforce Equity Coordinator
5% of Time the Workforce Equity Coordinator
Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This position is generally in a normal indoor office setting with minimal noise levels and may involve bending, moving, lifting, and carrying materials that weigh up to 15 pounds
Additional training/education or equivalent experience, as well as business need, are required for movement into higher level jobs.
Incumbents must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work. Final employment offers are contingent upon a Final Candidate’s successful completion of a Background Verification, and a determination by the University that the information derived from the Background Verification does not disqualify the individual. In addition, a Financial History Check and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Check may be required.