Skip to main content

Dual Career Assistance Program

Boise State University is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff. We recognize that our faculty and staff may have spouses/partners with independent career aspirations, and we aim to support the entirety of your family unit as you navigate a transition to Boise State and the Treasure Valley. To do that, we have developed a series of tools and services to support a new campus spouse/partner in their search for employment either at Boise State or in the Treasure Valley.

Boise State Human Resource services works in partnership with departments, colleges, and the Office of the Provost to assist in dual career program arrangements and services.

Please refer to the Faculty Dual-Career Program (Policy 4240) for two faculty households. Questions related to this policy can be directed to a Department Chair or College Dean.

For additional information and resources that may interest new faculty, please check out the faculty careers resources webpage. This page has links to information about benefits and resources at Boise State, information about Boise and the surrounding areas, and visa support services.

Who is eligible?

The spouse or partner of a new full-time faculty or staff member who will become unemployed due to relocation is eligible to work with the Dual Career Assistance Program.

Priority is given to individuals whose spouse or partner has been employed at the University for less than one year.

What if I’m not authorized to work in the United States?

The Center for Global Engagement supports and advises on all immigration matters. This includes employment visa paperwork for international faculty and J-1 exchange visitor paperwork for international visiting scholars. Waiting for authorization to work in the United States often takes time. In the interim, we can still provide information about local employers, networking and volunteering opportunities.

How can you work with us?

Complete the Initial Consultation Form

To better direct our efforts and resources we ask that an eligible spouse/partner complete the initial consultation form. Once this has been received, our staff will reach out to you.

Attend Initial Consultation

Direct meeting with an in-house recruiter to determine employment interests, skills, and needs. These are typically held as virtual meetings (phone, Zoom, or Google Meet – based on your preference).

Receive Customized Assistance

Services offered will be customized to meet your individual needs. Some services may include:

  • Job search assistance.*
  • Assistance in reviewing faculty, classified, and professional employment at Boise State University.*
  • Networking with campus or local contacts.*
  • Resume or cover letter review.
  • Assistance with interviewing techniques.
  • Information about local employment trends and demographics.
  • Other information that may be useful in a job search.

*Human Resource Services does not serve as an employment agency and does not guarantee employment. Any dual career accommodation must comply with all university hiring policies and procedures and be consistent with university equal opportunity and affirmative action policies and best practices.


Phone: (208) 426-1616