Play KINES 493 Internship Information (Video)
KINES 493 Course Prerequisites:
ATTENTION: Applications for Fall 2021 are due Monday, August 16th
In order for your internship application to be approved, you must provide/meet the following criteria:
- FOR Fall 2021 enrollment: Junior standing (at least 90 credits) and PERM/INST
- *Provide a current unofficial transcript
- *Provide a current CPR/AED certification (Red Cross, American Heart, etc.) – online certifications are acceptable
- *Pass a background check through the background check company Castlebranch, if required by the internship agency/organization
- *Email these documents to the Internship Coordinator, Kevin Blume (email@example.com) before submitting your application
- Complete the Online Internship Orientation Workshop video and quiz found on the Career Services website (see instructions below)
- Note: If you are looking to do your internship with St. Luke’s, please contact Brenda Kruegar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval prior to proceeding with the internship application process
All internships are subject to approval by the Internship Coordinator. Students are required to get approval of their internship by the Internship Coordinator before they start. The Internship Coordinator reserves the right to pull any student out of his or her internship based on feedback from the site supervisor.
The Internship Coordinator can offer internship ideas and possible locations, but it is the responsibility of the student intern to secure their own internship location. Interns will need to provide the Internship Coordinator with the following information:
-A confirmed site supervisor at the location who will be a point of contact
-The site supervisor name, work phone number, direct work email address, and a brief description of what the internship will involve.
How to Find a KINES 493 Internship:
For more information regarding internships, career exploration, and student and professional associations, please visit the Kinesiology Career Resources page.
Registration Process for an internship for academic credit
To determine whether or not an opportunity can be considered for academic credit, you must review your opportunity with your department Internship Coordinator. The Internship Coordinator must first evaluate the work that you are doing to ensure that it meets department guidelines and help you decide how many credits the internship should be assigned. Students earn 1 credit for each 45-50 hours of supervised work. A total of 3 internship credits is required for graduation.
Once you have your internship secured and are ready to register for the internship course (KINES 493 Internship in Kinesiology) you must complete your application online.
Steps for online application:
- Access the Internship Application for Academic Credit found on-line at the career center’s website at Boise State Career Center. Click on “Gain Experience” then on the right menu bar where it says: Internship Application for Academic Credit Boise State Internships
- Log in using your Boise State username and password.
- To create your application, hit the plus (+) sign next to Internship Application for Academic Credit on the left hand side of the page. Click on the option Create an Application.
- Enter all required information (fields with * are required)
- Hit SUBMIT. (Please note: if you do not have all the information you can hit SAVE and come back to it at another time; remember it is not submitted until you hit SUBMIT)
- Once submitted, the application will be routed to the department internship coordinator for approval – he/she will get an email notification asking them to approve your internship
- Once approved by department internship coordinator, it will then be routed to your organization supervisor for approval via email
- Once approved by the organization supervisor, it will be routed via email to the Registrar’s Office and the approved internship course will be added to your class schedule in my.Boisestate.
- PLEASE NOTE: You will not be registered for your internship course until your department internship coordinator and organization supervisor approve your internship application
Complete On-Line Orientation Workshop
As part of doing an internship for academic credit, you are required to complete a very short on-line orientation workshop and quiz prior to beginning your internship. To complete the workshop and quiz the instructions are as follows:
Steps for online orientation workshop:
- Access the Internship Application for Academic Credit found on-line at the career center’s website at Boise State Career Center. Then click on the bottom right hand side where it says: Internship Application for Academic Credit Boise State Internships
- Log in using your Boise State username and password.
- On the left hand side you will see Internship Application for Academic Credit (+)
- Click on the + side
- Click on view on-line orientation workshop it’s a short YouTube video
- After completion of viewing the orientation video you will be prompted to take a quiz
- Complete 10 question quiz and submit, you may also print your quiz
Instructions on how to order:
Before ordering a background check, student interns must check with the secured internship agency/organization to determine if a background check is required. If a background check is required, students need to follow the internship agency/organization’s instructions for completing the background check. Below are instructions for completing a background check through CastleBranch, Boise State’s preferred background check company.
- Go to CastleBranch’s website
- In the upper right hand corner, enter the package code BO89
Boise State University Kinesiology Dept. has partnered with CastleBranch, one of the top ten background check and compliance management companies in the nation to provide you a secure account to manage your time sensitive school and clinical requirements.
After you complete the order process and create your account, you can log in to your account to monitor your order status, view your results, respond to alerts, and complete your requirements. You will return to your account by logging into castlebranch.com and entering your
username (email used during order placement) and your secure password.
Your payment options include Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Debit, electronic check and money orders.
Note: Use of electronic check or money order will delay order processing until payment is received.
Accessing your account
To access your account, log in using the email address you provided and the password you created during order placement. Your administrator will have their own secure portal to view your compliance status and results.
For additional assistance, please call their Service Desk at 888-723-4263 or visit CastleBranch’s help page for further information.
- Kevin Blume | email@example.com
- Appointments by request