If you are interested in applying for an internship, please review the following information.
Department Internship Coordinator: Person from Boise State University who is coordinating internships for the program in which you are enrolled.
Internship Supervisor: Person from the community who is working most directly with you at your internship site.
To enroll in an internship, you:
- must be a Kinesiology major in good standing
- must have completed, or be enrolled in, all of the first three (3) years of program requirements
- must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (You are required to provide an unofficial transcript verifying GPA when you apply for the internship.)
- must have a current CPR/AED certification (Red Cross, American Heart, etc.)
- must have completed the KINES 493 Internship Orientation
- must have passed a background check (PDF)
The internship application process consists of several steps.
Step 1: Meet the first 4 criteria listed above
Step 2: Attend the University’s internship orientation the semester prior to your anticipated enrollment in an internship.
- For Fall and Summer internships attend the March orientation
- For Spring internships attend the September Orientation
Step 3: Determine your top three internship site choices using the resources listed below.
- Past Kinesiology Internships
- Virtual Career Center Internship Resources
- Internship Database
- The community
Step 4: Make an appointment with your Internship Coordinator
Deadlines to meet with your Internship Coordinator:
- Fall internships – April 15
- Spring internships – October 31
- Summer internships – April 30
Items to take to your appointment:
- Your top three internship site choices
- Your unofficial transcript(s)
- Your CPR/AED certification
- Your background check report
Step 5: Complete the Internship Application
Step 6: View the Internship Workshop video and complete the quiz
Step 7: Visit the Internship Blackboard page for forms and assignments
For internship registration deadlines, review the Academic Calendar on the Registrar’s Web site.