July is Culinary Arts month and the library is here to help get your taste buds excited about all kinds of food.
Start your adventure by checking out these eBooks and books:
- The kitchen as laboratory : reflections on the science of food and cooking
- Umami : unlocking the secrets of the fifth taste
- Salt, fat, acid, heat : mastering the elements of good cooking
- Cooked : a natural history of transformation
- Chef Roy Choi and the street food remix
- Fry bread : a Native American family story
- Chefs, drugs and rock & roll : how food lovers, free spirits, misfits and wanderers created a new American profession
- The bread and salt between us : recipes and stories from a Syrian refugee’s kitchen
- River food ; a collection of recipes from Idaho’s Middle Fork and Main Salmon Rivers.
We searched films in our streaming database Films on demand for “culinary arts” and found a bunch of visual materials on the subject. So give that a try and enjoy the Culinary Arts in July.