- Complete the online Boise State Graduate College application.
- After you submit the application and pay the $65 Graduate College application fee ($95 USD for
international applicants), click on the “Nursing” link in the left navigation menu. This will take you to the
Application Requirements for Graduate Programs in Nursing screen where you will upload documents
required for admission consideration.
- Under NURSING LICENSE, upload a copy of your active, unencumbered RN license issued by a state or
territory of the United States.
- Under PERSONAL STATEMENT, upload a Goal Statement.
Use the Goal Statement to introduce yourself, your educational goals, and your long term professional goals to the admission committee. This statement will be evaluated for the quality of both the content and writing style (i.e. grammar, punctuation, spelling, word use) and must:
- Clearly explain the advanced practice nursing role you seek to fulfill following graduation.
- Provide rationale for specializing in either Acute Care or Primary Care.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the role of the advanced practice nurse practitioner in Adult
- Explain why you have chosen the AGNP program at Boise State University.
- Be no more than 500 words.
- Under RESUME OR CURRICULUM VITAE, upload a CV or Resume.
Please include any applicable specialty certifications and information regarding your work experience as a
If you are applying to the Acute Care program, include documentation of one year of direct patient care
experience in Acute Care, Emergency Room or similar critical care environment/department with the
patient population of interest (Adult/Gerontology).
- Skip the sections, NURSE PRACTITIONER LICENSE and NURSE PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION. These sections do not apply to applicants to the master’s degree program.
- Please complete the Letters of Recommendation section of the application by using the link located in the left navigation menu. After you submit this information, your references will be emailed and asked to complete an evaluation form. References should be nursing faculty members, professional healthcare colleagues, or work
supervisors who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate program. Recommendations from
family, friends, other students, or co‐workers are NOT appropriate.
- Submit the School of Nursing application processing fee ($20) via TouchNet .
- Arrange for official transcripts to be sent to Boise State.