To be considered for the online Master of Science in Accountancy, Foundations, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university with a cumulative undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.00 (4.00 scale).
- Successful completion of prerequisite courses (detailed course requirements are listed). All courses must be completed with a grade of “C-” or better. Prospective students may apply to the program while finishing these prerequisite courses and be admitted with provisional status. Accepted students will not be able to register for program classes until these requirements are met.
This content is provided as a quick reference for planning. All official admission standards are published on the graduate catalog site.
Prerequisite Courses (or courses deemed equivalent)
- ACCT 205 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 206 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- FINAN 303 Principles of Finance
- Math 254 Intro to Statistics or BUSSTAT 207 Introduction to Business Analytics
- Comfort with and experience using Excel. After admission to the program, you will complete an Excel requirement before enrolling in courses.
If you have questions about prerequisite courses or need additional assistance, contact your student success coach at (208) 426-5921 or OnlineMSA@boisestate.edu.
Application Deadlines by Semester
Admission is offered each fall, spring and summer semester. Space is limited, so early application is recommended. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. The priority deadlines to submit materials are shown in this table:
|Semester||Application Deadline||Courses Begin
|Fall||July 15||Late August
|Spring||December 1||Early January
|Summer||April 15||Early May