Imaging Sciences Careers
The Bachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences Online degree program prepares graduates for management and leadership roles.
Use the skills you gain in the program to move out of patient care into other areas like teaching. The program’s curriculum provides you with the knowledge and professional competencies that can help you pursue a career as an instructor. You can mentor and teach the next generation of medical imaging professionals.
Many students express interest in going on to graduate or PA school after completing the program. Our accredited online imaging sciences degree prepares you for most programs.
Upon graduation, every student will have achieved the following competencies:
- Promote a safe environment for the patient, self, and others by providing useful patient education, contributing with an informed and educated perspective as a healthcare provider, and recognize an imaging technologist’s overall inter-professional and social impact on patient outcomes.
- Employ critical thinking and decision-making strategies in leveraging technology to improve quality and efficiencies within the healthcare system.
- Apply ethical practice as a professional technologist from a legal, compliance, and systems perspective within the healthcare realm.
- Actively lead and/or participate as part of an interprofessional team to decrease patient risk, identify solutions to complex issues, and improve communication amongst healthcare providers.
- Effectively analyze resources and advance research within the profession to promote life-long learning and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrate effective, appropriate, and respectful communication with diverse populations of patients, co-workers, physicians, and the community to improve patient outcomes by performing beyond technical application.
- Department Manager
- Lead Sonographer
- Lead MRI Technologist
- Director of Radiology
- Imaging Science Instructor
Projected New Jobs
- 9% job growth from 2020-2030.
- $61,980 annually or $29.80 hourly.
EduMed.org, a leader in student-focused college and career information online, ranked Boise State’s Bachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences Online degree program #5 on its list of Best Online Radiologic Technologist Programs.
Our Bachelor of Science in Imaging Sciences Online degree program was recently profiled on Radiology Schools 411, a comprehensive resource for those looking to begin a degree or advance their careers in radiology.