Welcome to Dr. Yonnie Chyung’s WORC (Workplace-Oriented Research Central) lab!
Dr. Chyung is a Professor in the Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning department of the College of Engineering at Boise State University.
She focuses on workplace-oriented research and development work that is readily applicable to practitioners.
Her recent major scholarly activity has resulted in a book, 10-Step Evaluation for Training and Performance Improvement, published by Sage.
Dr. Chyung runs a virtual lab. She actively invites OPWL students and graduates as WORC researchers. They are from various parts of the US and other countries. Here is how it works:
- She forms virtual teams of WORC researchers to
perform research, learning, and development activities together.
- Team members set up a common project goal to pursue.
- Team members meet via Zoom or Hangouts (as well as via email) to discuss their research progress.
- Team members write manuscripts together, and publish them in journals or present them at conferences.
- Depending on the scope of each project, team members may produce their publication or presentation within a semester or two, or it may take a couple of years to do so.
Please look around and see the current and previous WORC researchers’ work.