Become a Friend of Philosophy!
At his trial, Socrates points to his poverty as evidence that he cares more for truth and for the condition of his students’ souls than he does for his own material well-being.
While the Philosophy Department is like Socrates both in respect of its goals and financial means, we don’t enjoy the cultural conditions that made Socrates’ work possible. In this time of shrinking budgets and growing enrollments, it is becoming increasingly difficult for us to achieve our core mission. For this reason, we are reaching out to our alumni and other friends for material support.
To become a Friend of Philosophy, make a one-time gift or (better yet) provide sustained support on a monthly or annual basis. You can do so in one of two ways:
- Give online – be sure to specify Philosophy’s account number AR097 within the “Other” field under “Designation”.
- Give by mail (printable .pdf file) – alternatively, direct support can be given in the form of a check made out to the Boise State University Department of Philosophy.
Friends of Philosophy may specify how their gifts are used:
- Student support in the form of scholarships
- Support for faculty research
- General operations funding
Even very modest contributions can make a real difference, so please become a Friend today.