Testing Services and Charges
Please review this section to identify which category you fall under and the associated terms and conditions of testing at the Boise State University Public Health Testing Center.
Boise State University students and staff and greater Idaho community members
- Insured: Please bring your insurance card to your appointment. We will bill your insurance for your RT-PCR test.
- Uninsured: There will be an out-of-pocket cost if you do not have a qualifying insurance plan. Please ask our front desk what our current fees are, these can vary depending on the type of test offered.
Note: please be aware that some insurers may not cover the costs of testing when it is not considered “medically necessary” by your insurer. Examples of situations in which a test may not be considered medically necessary include:
- Asymptomatic testing
- No known exposure to a confirmed positive COVID-19 patient
- Testing for travel or events
- Employer required testing
If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, please reach out to your insurance company.
Should your insurance company deny covering the cost of your testing, you will be personally responsible for the testing fee. The purpose of this notice is to help you make an informed choice about whether or not you want to receive these services.
Insurance Plans Currently Accepted
Blue Cross of Idaho
Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance – Aetna, MODA
St. Luke’s Health Partners – Select Health, Blue Cross Plans, Mountain Health Co-Op
PacificSource – includes IPN and SLHP
Boise School District staff
- Boise School District staff must provide their physical employee ID.
- COVID-19 RT-PCR testing is provided at no cost to current Boise School District students and staff.
Children under the age of 18
- Parents: please bring your child’s insurance card.
- Minor testing without parent/legal guardian present: anyone under the age of 14 testing without a parent/ legal guardian present must have a minor test consent form filled out and signed by their parent/ legal guardian. This form must be brought to the Public Health Testing Center at the time of the appointment. You can print the consent form below or pick one up at the Public Health Testing Center to prepare for a future appointment for your child. A parent/ legal guardian must be the one to fill the form out.
- Download Testing Minor Consent Form (PDF)
There will be a $20 charge for each antigen test, due at the time of service, regardless of insurance status or affiliation.
If you have any questions or concerns about testing charges, please contact the Public Health Testing Center at (208) 426-1523.
If you believe you have received a bill in error please contact our medical billers, OnDemand, at (208) 947-5390.