The application for the MRI, CT and Sonography programs is comprised of the components and information listed below. Details about each step can be found in the Application Requirements section on this page.
To begin the CT, MRI, or Sonography program in the upcoming fall semester, all application components must be received by the department by 4:00 PM on March 1, or the Friday prior if March 1 is a holiday or weekend.
Please use this list as a checklist to gather the information and documentation that you will need in order to complete an application to the programs. Do not start the application form until you have gathered:
- Acceptance to Boise State University – You must have already applied and been accepted to Boise State University before applying to an Advanced Imaging program. Apply to Boise State University online.
- Professional Certification or Registry Information – If applying to the Computed Tomography program, you must provide your ARRT radiography certification information or the date you intend to take your ARRT radiography certification exam.
- Higher Education History – In the application form, you will be asked to list all higher education institutions that you have attended and the dates of attendance. You will also be asked about any degrees you have already earned.
- Transcripts – Copies of all transcripts, official or unofficial, including Boise State’s, MUST be sent the department for this application to be properly processed by the application deadline. Details are in the next section.
- Resume – Specific instructions for your resume can be found in the next section. You will save your resume as a PDF and upload it when prompted in the Application Form.
- Statement of Purpose – Specific instructions for the Statement of Purpose can be found below on this page. You will save your Statement of Purpose as a PDF and upload it when prompted in the Application Form.
- References – You will need to identify three references. You will provide the names of your references when prompted in the application form. However, your references must mail, email or fax their reference form to the department BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE, on their own. Details, instructions and a link to the reference form are in the next section.
- Application Fee – You will pay a $20 application fee. You will be directed to our secure online payment site after you submit your application form.