Teaching Mathematical Thinking
TMT is a 3-credit professional development course on student-centered teaching of mathematics. The course meets the MTI/TMT requirement for State of Idaho teaching (re)certification.
- Boise State’s TMT courses fill quickly, and do not include wait lists, so please plan far in advance.
- Spring 2020 registration started November 1, 2019, at 8am.
- Summer 2020 registration starts March 1, 2020, at 8am.
- Fall 2020 registration starts August 1, 2020, at 8am
- Courses include a grade-band emphases (e.g., K-3 or 4-9), but all educators are welcome to enroll.
- Registration is limited, and requires payment for the 3 professional development credits ($180) at registration.
- Online registration/payment is usually uncomplicated, but if you encounter problems please contact (208) 426-1709 or ExtendedStudies@boisestate.edu.
- Re-certification Deadlines – completing TMT by August 31 meets the MTI/TMT requirement for teachers with an August deadline. SDE recommends submitting your re-certification application in May, with a note that verification of TMT course completion will be coming.