Teaching Mathematical Thinking
TMT is a 3-credit professional development course on student-centered teaching of mathematics. The course meets the MTI/TMT requirement for State of Idaho teaching (re)certification.
- Boise State’s TMT courses fill quickly, and do not include wait lists, so please plan far in advance.
- Spring 2020 registration started November 1, 2019, at 8am.
- Summer 2020 registration starts March 1, 2020, at 8am.
- Fall 2020 registration starts August 1, 2020, at 8am
- Courses include a grade-band emphases (e.g., K-3 or 4-9), but all educators are welcome to enroll.
- Registration is limited, and requires payment for the 3 professional development credits ($180) at registration.
- Online registration/payment is usually uncomplicated, but if you encounter problems please contact (208) 426-1709 or ExtendedStudies@boisestate.edu.
- Re-certification Deadlines – completing TMT by August 31 meets the MTI/TMT requirement for teachers with an August deadline. SDE recommends submitting your re-certification application in May, with a note that verification of TMT course completion will be coming.
The TMT courses shown below are organized by region. If you are unsure of your region, refer to the image below.