Skip to main content

Course permission number request

Use this form to request a course permission number for courses with the following prefixes: EOHS, HEP, HIIM, HLTH, or PUBH.

Boise State Student Profile

Note: Make sure you are signed into your Boise State student profile in order to access the request form.

Course Permission Number Request Form

Other important notes

Your request may take one to three business days to be evaluated. You will receive an email letting you know if you are eligible for a permission number.

We recognize that courses fill quickly. We will do our best to evaluate your request promptly. Please allow 24 hours (Monday – Friday) for a response before contacting the department to check on the status of your request.

Request forms submitted without all required documentation and specific, accurate information for why you are requesting a permission number may delay your response from the department as we investigate your request further.

You will need to attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts in the form if any of the following applies to you. (Even if you’ve sent an official copy of your transcripts to Boise State, you still need to attach your unofficial transcripts to process your permission number request):

  • If you are a lower division student attempting to take upper-division classes and don’t have Junior or above standing.
  • If you are currently taking classes at a previous institution.
  • If you are a non-degree seeking student wanting to take a course that requires prerequisites.
  • If you are a transfer student and have credits that will be transferring into Boise State.

If this is your third time enrolling in the course you will need to complete the Registrar’s Request to Exceed Maximum Course Registration Form and obtain the signature of your Academic Advisor as well as request the department’s approval by emailing the completed form to If your form is approved by the department your permission number (if the case requires one) will be provided to you on the form sent back to you by the department. You do not need to request a permission number using the department’s online permission number request form.