Meet and Greet: Connect to Your Career
The Meet and Greet is back in-person this fall! Students have the opportunity to connect with community organizations while learning about internships, jobs, and volunteer opportunities. This event is open to all Boise State University students.
How to Prepare
We encourage you to dress in business casual, bring copies of your resume, and prepare a 30-second pitch to introduce yourself (also called your “elevator pitch”). For more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Participating
- Practice networking and relationship building skills.
- Career-ready students can discover potential job opportunities.
- Meet professionals from a variety of local organizations.
- Explore volunteer and internship opportunities.
- Potential extra credit opportunity for some classes (ask your course instructors).
Erica Schan: From Meet and Greet to Internship
Health Studies major Erica Schan found her summer internship with St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital after attending the Spring 2019 Meet and Greet. The internship includes outreach for numerous public health initiatives – bicycle safety, lactation support for new moms, and swimming safety to name a few.
“Initially, I was excited about this internship just for the experience in public health outreach, but they’re actually going to get me a foot in the door with the hospital, which is something I didn’t expect.”
Take a peek at photos from 2018-2019 Meet and Greet events!