Welcome to the Writing Center!
We offer in-person, real-time Zoom, and asynchronous (email) consultations at our main campus location in LART 220. In addition, we offer in-person appointments at the Thompson Family Writing Lab in MBEB 1101! Click here to start making an appointment!
We have two scholarship essay workshops coming up!
What We Do
- We work with writers of all levels and abilities at any stage of the writing process (from brainstorming to final revisions).
- We invite each writer to engage with questions and writing strategies that help them interact more deeply with their ideas. Our conversations prompt thinking without co-writing papers.
- We engage in conversations that help writers develop writing projects through effective research and source integration, and we explore the possibilities of our rhetorical choices.
What can I do in the Writing Center?
The Writing Center offers a wide variety of services to meet the individual needs of our unique writers (like you)! We collaborate with writers to develop their writing skills from grammar, genre conventions, audience awareness, and more! Our consultants work with undergraduates, graduates, and faculty on:
- Career development such as resumes, cover letters, and personal statements.
- Application materials, from graduate applications, scholarships, and grants!
- Research, from helping you find sources, to writing annotated bibliographies, literature reviews, and research papers.
- Professional documents like professional emails, proposals, memos, and business cases.
- Technical reports like lab, engineering, and or research reports.
- Graduate projects from your master thesis, thesis/dissertation, and or portfolios.
- Presentations, whether scripts or slide decks, or podcasts and speeches.
- Analysis, be it applied analyses, literary or rhetorical analyses, and critical analyses.
- Creative writing and fiction or non-fiction books, short stories, and artist statements.
….And much more!
Where are we?
Our main location is on the second floor of the Liberal Arts Building in Room 220, which is directly across from Albertsons Library. Check out this link to schedule an appointment online!
We also have a satellite location in the Thompson Family Writing Lab on the first floor of the Micron Business and Economics Building, Room 1101. Appointments in MBEB 1101 are in-person only, but you can still schedule online appointments with the main location.