Free Online Study Skills Workshops
Looking for one-on-one help?
For one-on-one help with building your study skills and academic habits, we encourage students to meet with a Peer Academic Consultant.
Online Student Success Training Modules
Boise State students have access to a series of free, interactive modules designed to explore several aspects of being a successful student. To access the modules, go to the Boise State StudentLingo page and the first time you visit the StudentLingo site, you will need to create an account using your Boise State email address.
If you have any questions or need assistance accessing these services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Available modules include:
- What It Takes To Be A Successful Student
- Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills
- Handling Failure In and Out of the Classroom
- Exam Preparation Tips and Test-Taking Strategies
- Study Tips and Note-Taking Strategies
- Time Management: Strategies for Success
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
- How to Reduce Test Anxiety
- How To Develop Your Cross-Cultural Skills
- Improving Student-Faculty Relationships
- Online Courses: Staying Motivated and Disciplined
- Emotional Intelligence: The Other Key to Academic Success
- The Difference Between High School and College
- How To Succeed In Math
Study Skill Tutorials for Remote Learning
To support remote coursework, the Advising and Academic Support Center has developed a series of short videos and tools to boost your success in an online learning environment. Please access these videos on this page.