Academic Leadership Council
The Academic Leadership Council includes leaders of academic departments (department chairs and heads, program directors/coordinators, etc.), assistant and associate deans, college/school deans/directors, and other campus leaders within the division of Academic Affairs. Members of the Academic Leadership Council promote the academic effectiveness of Boise State University by supporting the institutional mission, vision, and strategic goals and by enhancing existing administrative and faculty governance structures. The Council meets regularly to address critical issues within members’ areas of responsibility and to build a community of practice for ongoing information sharing, problem-solving, and support.
The Council has no formal authority, but instead serves as a collective voice for department leaders, expressing departmental perspectives on university policies and procedures.
- To promote collaboration and enhance communication across colleges in the division of Academic Affairs
- To provide a forum for the development, exchange, and promotion of ideas and best practices
- To provide a forum for discussing issues and resources relevant to academic leaders
- To foster the individual and collective effectiveness of the academic leaders in the performance of their duties
- To provide the Provost and Vice-President of Academic Affairs prompt and accurate information about the needs, problems, and viewpoints of academic leaders
- To provide academic leaders with the opportunity for professional growth and development and for increased knowledge of the issues relevant to their roles
- To provide a supportive forum for discussing challenges faced by department leaders
- To model a collaborative and ethical culture of academic leadership
- To support the professional growth and welfare of academic leaders
Academic Leadership Council (ALC) ScheduleThe Academic Leadership Council meets monthly during the Fall and Spring semesters on Tuesdays between 8:30-9:45. For the academic year 2022-2023, we will alternate meeting in person and meeting via Zoom for the Fall. Location and agenda details are included in calendar invitations.
|September 6 2022||Lookout Room, SUB|
|October 4, 2022||Zoom details in calendar invitation|
|November 1, 2022||Lookout Room, SUB|
|December 6, 2022||Zoom details in calendar invitation|
|January 3, 2023||TBD|
|February 7, 2023||TBD|
|March 4, 2023||TBD|
|April 4, 2023||TBD|
|May 2, 2023||TBD|