- Boise State Alumni Association: A non-profit corporation 501(c)(3) with a mission to “connect, celebrate and engage alumni and friends of the university to build lifelong relationships that support the future of our university.” By fostering alliances among alumni, students, friends, and the university community and building new traditions, the alumni association supports our public, metropolitan research university. Members of the association include graduates of the university, former students and friends of the university. All chapters, clubs, contacts and advocates are affiliate organizations of the Boise State Alumni Association.
- Chapter: A constituency group of the Boise State Alumni Association which supports the missions of the university and the alumni association through its activities. Chapters may be created in geographic regions, based on special interests or social affiliations or affiliated through an academic or professional (or corporate) focus.
- Club: A collective group of active alumni and friends. Typically, clubs are smaller than our chartered chapters. As a club grows, they do have the option of changing their status to a chapter.
- Bronco Contact: A volunteer who serves as a contact person for a geographic region, academic unit or special interest group not served by an officially chartered chapter or club. This program is designed for areas or groups that do not have a sufficient number of alumni or an adequate volunteer base to sustain a viable chapter or club. These individuals organize activity(ies) for these areas and serve as key contacts, typically for a geographic area.
- Constituent or Constituency: an individual or group of people who have any connection to, history with or passion for Boise State University, the Boise State Alumni Association, or the Broncos.
- Event: An activity produced by a Bronco Contact, club, chapter or the Boise State Alumni Association that can include but is not limited to a social, educational and/or charitable function in alignment with the mission of the Alumni Association.
- Charter: Privilege granted by the Boise State Alumni Association to a specific constituency group that enables the group to operate under guidelines set forth in the chartering agreement. See Boise State University Policy #11040, Alumni Association Chapter Recognition.
- Alumni Association Dues-Paying Member: An individual who has paid or is paying a lifetime membership or someone who is a current dues-paying annual member of the Boise State Alumni Association. Anyone can be a dues-paying Boise State Alumni Association member.