Skip to main content

Transfer Students

campus scenes, students, quad, jk

Who is a transfer student?

At Boise State, you’re considered a transfer student if you have completed at least one college class for credit after graduating from high school. If you took college level courses during high school you are considered a freshman student with transfer coursework.

Questions about the process?
Start at the Transfer Student FAQ’s

Questions about your credits?
Go to Transfer Credit Issues

For more information and assistance, meet with your advisor. Unsure who your advisor is? 

Foundational Studies Program

Core Certification

  • If you have earned an academic associate degree at a regionally accredited institution, you will be considered “core certified” by Boise State University. This means that you have fulfilled the lower-division general education or “core” classes at Boise State. The statement “GENERAL UNIVERSITY CORE MET” will appear on your credit report.
  • If you are transferring from an Idaho school and have not earned an associate degree, you may still be considered “core certified” if your transcript is stamped “core certified” by the Registrar’s Office of your original institution.
  • For more information, visit the Core Certification website at the Registrar’s office.

Admissions: Making the Transition to Boise State
– admission standards and application checklists
– process of credit transfer
– transfer equivalency information

Office of the Registrar: Transfer and Alternative Credits
Transfer Evaluation System
Prior Learning Credit
Core Certification