Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
We strive to help all taxpayers in need!
Tax Return Preparation
The Department of Accountancy operates a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program that is available to anyone that makes $57,000 or less annually. Our IRS certified tax preparers are available to help you prepare your tax returns. Due to COVID, we are assisting taxpayers by appointment only. We offer virtual and in-person appointments each week.
Schedule An Appointment
Click here to schedule an appointment through GivePulse and log in. (GivePulse Boise State VITA directions.) If there are no appointments available, please check back regularly because we add appointments as volunteers become available.
Free current, prior year or amended tax preparation within scope, including tax returns required for FAFSA.
Please have these items available so that we can prepare your return:
- Photo ID
- Social Security card(s)
- Income Forms (W-2s, 1099s)
- Documentation for other income and/or expense
- Bank account information (voided check) for direct deposit
- Prior year tax return
- AARP is operating Tax-Aid sites with tax document scanning and remote tax return preparation. Please call (208) 509-7106 (Nampa Site) or (208) 918-1184 (Boise site) to make an appointment or for more information.
- More information about VITA.
- Visit the IRS free file website for self help.
- You can also find out about free filing software on the IRS website.
Please email VITAtaxhelp@boisestate.edu if you have difficulty scheduling your appointment.
- Please add VITAtaxhelp@boisestate.edu to your contact list.
- If don’t see a message from VITAtaxhelp@boisestate.edu within 48 hours of emailing us, please check you spam folder.
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Boise Community Schools
- Boise Public Library
- University of Idaho Law School