Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
Tax Return Preparation
The Department of Accountancy operates a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program that is available to anyone that makes $64,000 or less annually. Our IRS certified tax preparers are available to help you prepare your tax returns. We are assisting taxpayers both drop in and by appointment. We offer virtual and in-person appointments as volunteers are available.
Schedule An Appointment
We will have select availability at the Meridian Library- Orchard Park location (1268 W Orch Pk Dr, Meridian, ID 83646). Please visit our scheduling links, for our current availability. Space will be limited.
Meridian IRS VITA Tax Prep Intake and Document scan only – Scan/Intake Appointments
Meridian IRS VITA Tax Preparations – Tax Preparation
Boise Public Library – Tax Preparation
Boise Public Library – For free tax preparation software and assistance preparing your own tax return (within scope)
Boise State University, Micron Business and Economics Building (2360 W University Drive, Boise, ID 83706) will have a FSA (Facilitated Self Assistance) site in MBEB 2302. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Free current, prior year or amended tax preparation within scope, including tax returns required for FAFSA. We do not prepare returns for those married, filing separately at any of our sites.
Where’s My Federal Refund?
Here is a video tax tip from the IRS:
Subscribe today: The IRS YouTube channels provide short, informative videos on various tax related topics in English, Spanish and ASL.
Where’s my Idaho State Refund
- Idaho State Tax Commission Refund Info
- Click on the “refund status page” link
Please have these items available so that we can prepare your return:
- VITA Intake Form – Please complete this form and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Photo ID
- Social Security card(s)
- Income Forms (W-2s, 1099s)
- Documentation for other income and/or expense
- Bank account information (voided check) for direct deposit
- Prior year tax return
- AARP is operating Tax-Aid sites with tax document scanning and remote tax return preparation. Appointments with AARP can be found at https://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/locations.html
- More information about VITA.
- Visit the IRS free file website for self help.
- You can also find out about free filing software on the IRS website.
Get ready for taxes:
- If you need to file an extension, please watch this IRS video.
Please email VITAtaxhelp@boisestate.edu if you have difficulty scheduling your appointment.
- Please add VITAtaxhelp@boisestate.edu to your contact list.
- Internal Revenue Service
- International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Boise Community Schools
- Boise Public Library
- University of Idaho Law School