Professional Organizations – Accountancy
This page lists professional organizations in the accounting field. You may consider joining one of these organizations after graduation. Many professional organizations offer member benefits including networking opportunities, continuing professional development and other resources. Visit each organization’s website in order to learn more about professional organizations and the development opportunities that await you after graduation.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association for Financial Professionals
- Association of Government Accountants
- Idaho Association of Public Accountants
- Idaho Society of CPAs
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- National Conference of CPA Practitioners
- National Society of Accountants
- American Accounting Association
Many Accountancy faculty belong to more than one organization. Reach out to your accounting instructors and ask them about the benefits of belonging to professional organizations after college.
Some organizations offer student scholarships. Visit their sites for more information. You can also check out the Department of Accountancy’s scholarship page for links to additional scholarship opportunities.