Welcome to the Career Closet! — a success resource open to Broncos of all majors, experience levels, and identities.
The closet provides professional attire at no cost to students and recent grads in need. Available items are intended for interviews, career fairs, internships, research conferences, etc.
How It Works
- Make an appointment online. Open most Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; closed weekends and holidays.
- Check in with reception. Let our reception staff know when you arrive. We will be on stand-by to answer questions and bag up your finds. Location: Micron Business and Economics Building, first floor, room 1120. Find us on the campus map.
- Pick out your outfit. During your appointment you can “shop” our inventory. Clothing on hand is business professional — including suits, blazers, shirts, ties, slacks, skirts, dresses and hosiery.
- Take your time browsing and trying on clothes. The closet has a lockable changing space. We encourage you to try on different looks at your leisure.
- Visit again!
Early in her junior year, Cierra Abellera (Psychology B.S., 2019) was preparing for a professional research conference with her McNairs Scholars cohort – consisting of first generation, limited income and underrepresented students. Realizing that not all members of her cohort had access to buy or borrow professional clothing, she identified a solution.
In Summer 2018, Cierra and other student representatives from the MLK Living Legacy Committee approached COBE Career Services to house and host the closet. Both organizations worked collaboratively to build a comfortable and welcoming space. Cierra hopes that the closet will always be a resource to address this need.
Monetary donations are always welcome. In-kind gifts fund dry cleaning and operating costs, as well as supplement inventory purchases. Give to the Career Closet online.
We encourage donations of clean, gently-worn or new professional clothing in all sizes, including maternity. We also accept some accessories. Donation guidelines and items most needed are listed here. If your items are used, please launder them prior to donating. Unusable items will be discarded or re-donated.
If you wish to receive a tax deduction for donation of new items, you will need to provide your purchase receipt and fill out a non-cash gift form. For assistance with this process, please contact a Boise State Development Director. For donation of used items, our staff can provide a basic receipt upon request.
- Suit jackets and blazers (smaller sizes, feminine cuts, modern fabrics)
- Slacks (smaller sizes, masculine cuts, plain prints)
- Solid colored ties (especially black and navy, modern fabrics)
- Other accessories (new belts, padfolios)
Items to Avoid:
- Stained, ripped, or severely worn items (including those with excessive pet hair or smoke damage)
- Out of date items (bought 5+ years ago)
- Shoes (unless brand new), jewelry, luggage or bags
- Wire hangers
Due to high inventory, we are only accepting donations on a case-by-case basis. Reach out to us with a short list of the items you would like to donate by emailing email@example.com or calling (208) 426-3862.