Within a few years of graduation, mechanical engineering graduates will be:
- Problem Solvers, applying engineering skills and knowledge for the benefit of employers and society,
- Contributors to the practice and theory of science and engineering,
- Communicators, effectively presenting ideas and solutions to audiences of various backgrounds and technical understanding,
- Team Builders, working effectively and professionally with others to accomplish organizational goals,
- Citizens, committed to enriching the engineering community and adhering to the highest ethical standards, and
- Leaders within the engineering profession offering guidance and support to the engineering and related communities.