Teaching with Canvas
The Center for Teaching and Learning and eCampus Center are working with our partners in Learning Technology Solutions to help guide you through the Canvas migration process. Scroll down this page for resources on designing and managing your course in Canvas.
Designing and Managing Your Course
- Great Canvas Resources provides some excellent information on helping you get a basic understanding of Canvas and getting you up and running quickly with your course.
- If you are designing your Canvas course and would like some quick ideas on how to improve it, use this helpful Course Evaluation Checklist. Then after your course is built, we suggest that you use the Beginning and End-of-Course Checklists to help guide you through using Canvas with your students.
- We’ve recently created the Canvas Design Guide, a resource that helps you consider effective pedagogical practices when designing a course in Canvas.
- If you are building a fully online course in Canvas, we recommend that you visit the eCampus Online Navigator, a collection of resources to support your course design and development activities. New information will be added to it throughout the summer.
Teaching with Canvas Community of Practice
Want to learn more from your peers about using Canvas more effectively in your teaching? This fall, the CTL and eCampus are facilitating a community of practice focused on this topic. For more information and to register, click here.
Course Design Consultations
If you would like more personalized support for your course design, you can talk to one of Boise State’s Instructional Design Consultants.
- If you are teaching an in-person, remote or hybrid course, please complete the CTL Consultation Request Form and an instructional designer from the CTL will reach out to you.
- If you are teaching a fully online course, please complete the eCampus Consultation Request Form and an instructional designer from eCampus Center will reach out to you.
If you would like to take a self-paced training on using Canvas, we suggest that you enroll in “Growing with Canvas,” which will guide you through its features.
If you are looking for live trainings on using Canvas, visit the LTS training and events website to sign up for a webinar.
Canvas also has a robust and searchable list of Guides and Videos for those who would like to learn more about specific topics.
For other technical-related questions about Canvas, please visit OIT’s Canvas page.
If you need immediate assistance, contact the Boise State Help Desk at (208) 426-4357 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also access Canvas support directly from within Canvas by clicking the “Help” button on the left Canvas global navigation. Phone and chat options are available.