Academic Mamas Book Circle: To Have and To Hold
Do you find it difficult balancing all of your varied roles? Join Dr. Jennifer Weaver (Associate Professor in the department of Psychological Science), and Elizabeth Barnes (SL Faculty Associate for the CTL and Lecturer in the English Department) to meet other Academic Mamas struggling to find balance and joy. The goal of the book circle is to form a community of mothers to support one another in the complicated process of being a professional and a parent. Please join us on the last Tuesday of each month from 12:00-12:45 (via Zoom) to read and discuss: To Have And To Hold Motherhood, Marriage, and the Modern Dilemma By Molly Millwood, PhD.
If you are interested in Academic Mamas or in joining our first book circle this spring please fill out this google form Academic Mamas Book Circle Sign-up.
- Meeting 1 (Organizational Meeting) Tues. Jan. 25th Introduction
- Meeting 2 (Chapters 1-3) Tues. Feb 22nd
- Meeting 3 (Chapters 4-6) Tues. March 29th
- Meeting 4 (Chapters 7-9) April 26th
- Final Meeting (Chapter 10): Friday May 6th, 5:30pm Location TBA
In-person Picnic with Families