Advising Coordinator / Lecturer
- If it lists “COAS-Advising” under “My advisors” on the student view of your myboisestate page, click on “COAS-Advising” and follow the instructions to find your advisor in our College Advising Center. I’ve also included the link here to take you to the College Advising Center page.
- If there is nothing listed under “My Advisors” on your myboisestate page, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more immediate questions, we have a peer advisor available for drop-in hours.
- Public Speaking
- Fundamentals of Oral Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Honors COMM 101
- COMM 231
- COMM 356
- COMM 377
Melissa Klassen has taught at the collegiate level since 1996 and has worked as an organizational consultant and professional speech coach. Melissa is a lecturer and the department Advising Coordinator. Currently, she teaches Honors COMM 101, Public Speaking, Advanced Public Presentation and Small Group Communication. Melissa loves to help students “find their voice” and challenges her students to strive for their full potential. Melissa is a certified yoga instructor and cross country coach at Capital High School. In her spare time, you can find her running, hiking, snowshoeing, Nordic and downhill skiing and traveling with her husband. When asked, “What is one thing she wished more students knew about?” Melissa answered, “I wish students were more familiar with the catalog and the Academic and Advising Progress report in their student center. These tools can answer most of a student’s questions and empower them to make choices about their own lives.” You can find Melissa’s office in the Communication Building, room 103.
Office: COMB 103
Office Hours: By appointment / COMB 103