Who is my Advisor?
Your advisor is listed under “My Advisors” on the main page of the student view of myboisestate. It will either show a faculty member or the “COAS”. If it is a faculty member, you will be able to see their email address when you click on their name. If it is COAS, click the link and read the instructions to schedule an appointment with your advisor.
When registering for any class, you may need a permission number
In such a situation, please contact instructors for classes directly
Have you cleared the student financial hold on your account?
Before enrolling in class, go to your Student Center > To-Do List > Student Financial Agreement to clear a hold. For questions, please contact Student Financial Services: (208) 426-1212
General Registration for Summer 2023 opens Feb. 21, 2023
Students can now begin viewing the schedules on my.boisestate.edu now.
NEW Drop-In Peer Advising hours for Summer 2023!
- Tuesday 11-2pm
- Wednesday 12-2pm (zoom only)
Just walk into the Main Office of the Communication building during these times or email email@example.com for Peer Advising!
Schedule a Peer Advising Appointment
Schedule a Peer Advising Appointment using this link: https://commadvisor.youcanbook.me
Exceptions to these hours
No peer advising on:
- June 13th, 14th, and 20th
- *Please feel free to drop in and see our highly qualified peer advisor for your advising questions!
Before you schedule an Advising Appointment:
You’ll need to do two things:
- Open your Advising and Academic Progress Report found in your Student Center and Review your requirements: What is complete, in progress and what still needs to be done?
- Look at the Catalog (search catalog on the main BSU website). Find your catalog year and download the PDF if you haven’t already. Go to the section for the Department of Communication (typically p. 95ish) and review the course offerings to see what you might be interested in taking in future semesters. You can also find answers to questions about policies in the policies sections of the catalog. (Easily navigable on the web version of the catalog)
Every semester, and always, before your advising appointment, be sure to check your Academic and Advising Progress Report. Degree Tracker will not update to reflect any changes.