Travel Guidelines and Expectations
- Check in for your flight 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
- Luggage – Please pack lightly and only bring a carry-on suitcase. We discourage checking in a bag as you will have to pay for the checked bag fee, which ranges from $25-30 each way. You will be allowed a small backpack or shoulder bag in addition to your carry-on suitcase, so long as it fits underneath the seat in front of you.
What to pack
- Be sure to carry appropriate photo identification
- Attach a name tag/identification to your luggage
- Check the weather
- Conference attire- business casual. If you are in need of business casual attire, check out the Career Closet on campus.
- You are allowed to bring one small bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes through the checkpoint. These are limited to 3.4 ounces or less per container. Consolidate these containers in the small bag separate from your carry-on baggage. Follow the 3-1-1 for carry-ons: liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes must be 3.4 oz or less per container; must be in 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic zip top bag; 1 bag per person.
Paying for things
- TRIO is paying for your airfare, lodging, ground transportation, conference registration and a per diem for food. If you pay for any transportation while traveling, please save your receipts. Any personal spending over your per diem is your responsibility.
- Your per diem for food will be deposited into your student account if you are set up with Direct Deposit at Boise State, and you are responsible for managing this money. If you are not set up with Direct Deposit, please alert your educational specialist immediately.
- Please arrive at the airport 1-2 hours prior to your scheduled departure.
- Please follow all instructions regarding your transportation to/from the airport.
- Check in for the conference. Reception at the hotel will be able to guide you to the registration booth.
If there are any problems while traveling please contact us:
- Ryan Brevik: (208) 426-3453
- Amanda Ferguson: 208-426-2074
- Ramona Shipman: (208) 426-3583
- Remember the purpose of the trip! While traveling you are a representative of Boise State University and the TRIO STEM Scholars Program. We expect you to behave accordingly and be present for the whole duration of the event.
- No drugs or alcohol permitted on the trip.
- Sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, lewd or indecent behavior, or sexual assault is prohibited conduct.