Want to solicit donations? Anytime your organization wants to sell items, ask for donations, or be paid for a service, you should follow these steps:
Complete an event registration on Engage and select “Fundraiser” as the type of event you’re planning.
- Plan ahead. Most fundraiser event registrations need to be submitted at least sixty (60) business days prior to your proposed event (if you are selling merchandise, requesting donations from individuals/companies, etc.). You may not have all the details lined up but it’s beneficial to submit your registration sooner rather than later. Some circumstances may extend this timeframe.
- Schedule time with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center to discuss your fundraiser idea before making final decisions, agreements, spending funds, etc. You can also go to the Student Organizations Handbook and read the information under Section 4 for more information on this topic.
Fundraiser Request Form
Submit a Fundraiser Request Form
Once your fundraiser is approved by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center you can proceed with executing the event and/or purchasing items to sell.
Is the fundraiser’s intent to benefit your student organization? After your event, you will deposit the money (cash or check) into your organization’s account.
- The deposit box and how-to directions are located to the right of the Information Desk in the Student Union. Envelopes/deposit slips provided.
- Make sure donation checks for your organization are made out to ‘Boise State University’ with your student org name in the memo line.
Is the fundraiser’s intent to benefit another organization like a charity?
- Money must go directly to the charity. Please do not deposit those funds into your student organization account.
Ready to access and spend money from your student organization account?
Check out our How to Spend Money page.
If your student organization’s fundraising plan is to raise funds using a PonyUp campaign you may contact a PonyUp Crowdfunding Coordinator directly at University Advancement to get started. University Advancement can also be reached via phone at (208) 426-3276 or (800) 341-6150.