President’s True Blue Scholarship

Isabella OjukwuBoise State University has helped Idahoans attend college through the True Blue Scholarship since 2016. These current-use funds are awarded to Idaho residents for four years, based primarily on financial need and merit.

Supporting Idaho communities by advancing education improves the lives of our citizenry, and is a priority for Boise State. Take for example Isabella Ojukwu of Boise, who studies marketing at Boise State with the help of the True Blue Scholarship.

“I believe that my career in marketing will help me further my leadership, critical thinking, organization, and communication skills,” she said. “Eventually, I would love to start my own company and become a successful businesswoman who encourages other women to start their own businesses.”

Financial need is the primary reason students do not complete their degrees. Educating Idaho’s future leaders makes growing student access to scholarships imperative. Supporting the True Blue Scholarship impacts more Idaho students, increases Idaho’s “go-on” rates, and expands the number of graduates contributing to Idaho’s economy. 

As a public university, our mission is to serve the people and the state of Idaho. Other Idaho universities offer scholarship packages for Idaho residents — some up to $4,000 per year. To be competitive in the admissions process, Boise State needs to invest in its offerings to Idaho residents who qualify for merit- and need-based scholarships. 

“With the aid from donors, I have been able to take many more credits and classes that have helped my education and have contributed to improving my character,” Isabella said.

Contributions to the True Blue Scholarship will boost Boise State’s endowment and the scholarships available to Idaho residents.

“This money will help pay for my classes and help me further my education and work towards achieving my future career goals. Thank you for this scholarship,” said Isabella.

Become a donor to support the True Blue Scholarship.

Inspired? Let's Chat!