All guests are held responsible for knowing the University policies and information set forth in the Boise State Student Code of Conduct. The continuation of housing is dependent upon the guest’s reasonable and satisfactory personal conduct and the observance of all University regulations.
The following is not a complete list of all policies, but is meant as a point of reference for the guest:
- Guests are expected to be responsive to reasonable requests from University staff and/or other guests regarding behavior which is inconsistent with responsible freedom and the respect for the rights of others.
- Residential rooms are to be occupied only by the assigned guest. Room assignments are not transferrable.
- The University respects the guest’s right to privacy; however, the University reserves the right to enter a room at any time for health, safety, welfare, and maintenance purposes; this is usually done with advance notice. However, in cases where there is probable cause to believe that the guest(s) is or has been violating University and/or Guest & Conference Housing regulations, University can enter the room without advance notice. This is exercised with great discretion.
- Guests will be responsible for the furnishings and fixtures in their rooms and for University property with Guest & Conference Housing. Where individual responsibility for damages can be determined, the individual will be charged. Depending upon the circumstances the guest(s) may face disciplinary action. Damages that cannot be attributed directly to a specific individual(s) may be charge to all guests within a suite.
- Guests may not remove any furniture from suite or common areas.
- PARTICIPATION IN FIRE ALARMS IS MANDATORY. Guests who fail to comply with this requirement and do not evacuate the building when the alarm sounds may have their housing agreement immediately terminated.
- Anyone found tampering, damaging, or otherwise using fire safety equipment or apparatus for purposes other than its intended use, may be immediately removed from Guest & Conference Housing. Alteration of existing wiring by guests is prohibited; this includes tampering with any communication equipment, fire alarms, smoke detectors, or elevators.
- The use of alcoholic beverages is allowed only by those of legal age (21 and above), residing in Lincoln or University Suites, and when consumed responsibly and in the privacy of their suite. Alcohol is not permitted in public areas in or around the facilities including, but not limited to, sidewalks, picnic tables, hallways, stairwells, BBQ areas, recreational courts. Violations may result in termination of this agreement.
- Boise State University is a smoke-free campus. The use of tobacco products is prohibited and will be enforced, which may include exclusion from the University and Guest & Conference Housing.
- Possession of weapons, firecrackers, fireworks, gunpowder, and/or other forms of explosives are prohibited and will result in the immediate removal from campus and termination of this agreement.
- Guests cannot block or restrict access to their room (or any other room) from a University Official. Likewise, guests cannot block or restrict access to any common space, hallways, stairwells, or egress.
- Guests are prohibited from having pets. Service animals must be prior approved and registered with the Guest & Conference Housing Manager before moving in.
- Guests who violate Federal, State, or local laws are subject to prosecution and conduct action by the University.