Fall Visitor Signup
Fall 2023 Lucky Peak reservations are open!
Please read the below information carefully.
We are thrilled to be able to host visitors again! We do ask that you be vigilant and avoid visiting if you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms. Please be aware that based on changes in COVID-19 infection rates, the emergence of new variants, or changing local, state and federal guidelines; our event guidelines may be amended with short notice. We will share any changes with you via email. Please follow all rules and signage posted to ensure we are able to continue to offer these visitor opportunities.
Please read the following instructions to sign up for a large group daytime field trip (10+ people) or overnight camping trip (small and large groups) at our Lucky Peak field station.
To support IBO staff time spent managing visitors, we have added a reservation processing charge for all overnight visitors who camp. Once you complete the form below, we will send a payment link to finalize your reservation. Please email HeatherMHayes@boisestate.edu for more information. (Educators, ask us about group scholarships).
- Wall Tents: $25 each
- Small Groups: $25
- Large Groups: $50
If you aren’t quite sure what this project is all about, read our page Lucky Peak project page before beginning.
If you plan to visit with your family or a group smaller than 10 visitors, and are not camping, you do not need to fill out a registration form.
To Schedule Overnight Camping or a Large Group Field Trip to our Lucky Peak Station:
Use a laptop or tablet to register. The calendar on this page does not look good on phones :)
- Review the visitor calendar* at this link. Trips to Lucky Peak begin July 22nd and end in mid October.
- Decide on time slot(s). Morning (songbirds), afternoon (hawks), evening (owls), or some combination of these.
- Decide on a date that works for you. Please schedule your visit at least 7 days in advance. Note, you may sign up for more than one date, however we reserve the right to limit your group to 1 field trip if there is high demand for spots (which is usually the case).
- Fill out this online registration form.
- If you need to cancel your trip, contact us immediately (HeatherMHayes@boisestate.edu) so that we can give your time slot to someone else. Our schedule fills up quickly and we don’t want to turn people away.
*We update our visitor calendar daily, however it is possible that a day may be reserved and still appear on the calendar as ‘available’. If two groups register for the same day between calendar updates, the time stamp on the reservation form will be used to determine who gets the trip on a first-come-first-served basis.