Dave Hammons, Ed.D, ATC, PES
Director of the Athletic Training Program and Associate Professor, Department of Kinesiology
Dave Hammons returned to Boise State University in 2008 after fifteen years of providing clinical and teaching services at the University of Missouri, Westminster College, and Campbell University. Prior to becoming the Athletic Training program director, he coordinated the clinical education program in the Athletic Training degree as well as the KIN-ACT program and served as the central academic advisor in the Kinesiology department at Boise State.
In addition to experience teaching a variety of athletic training and wellness courses, Hammons has a special clinical interest in the diagnosis and treatment of shoulder pathology. He is active with research projects focusing on gleno-humeral internal rotation deficit in overhead throwers.
In the summer, he is an anxious cook on the grill and during the winter he is always looking forward to snowboarding with his son.
Phone: (208) 426-4863
Fax: (208) 426-1894
Curriculum Vitae upon request
- Certified Athletic Trainer (BOC 079502437)
- Idaho Licensed Athletic Trainer (IDBOM AT-433)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (NASM 176218)
- American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor
- Glenohumeral Internal Rotation Deficit in Overhead Athletes
- Therapeutic Intervention of shoulder motion
Hammons, D., McChesney, J.W., Curtin, M., Pfeiffer, R.., & Thiede, K. (2015) A Randomized and Blinded Study for the Treatment of Glenohumeral Internal Rotation Range of Motion Restriction: The Prone-Passive Stretching Technique. Journal of Sports Medicine and Allied Health Sciences. 1 (2) 1-9.
Nadelson, L.S., Briggs, P., Bubak, K., Fuller, M., Hammons, D., Sass, M. (2012) The Tension Between Teacher Accountability and Flexibility: The Paradox of Standards-Based Reform. Teacher Education and Practice. 25(2) 196-220.
- KINES 220 Introduction to Athletic Injuries
- KINES 326 Therapeutic Modalities in Athletic Training
- KINES 321 Athletic Training Clinical III
- KINES 426 Administration in Athletic Training