Change Your Username
If you want to change your username, there are a few steps to complete and a few things to understand.
- You will have a new email address, and you have sole responsibility of notifying contacts of your new address.
- If you are a faculty member who uses Blackboard, you will need to manually update your Blackboard user profile to include your new email address.
- If you have queries in PeopleSoft, you will need to save them, as they won’t transfer over to the renamed account.
- If you are subscribed to any mailing lists, you must unsubscribe with your original email address before your username change occurs and then re-subscribe with your new email address after the change.
- After your account is renamed, your Blackboard access will be unavailable for 3-6 hours.
How to Change Your Username
First, update your “Preferred Name” in PeopleSoft.
To do this, log in to myBoiseState, select HR System in your Employee view, then select Menu > Self Service > Campus Personal Information > Name and click “Edit” on the preferred name.
- To change your accounts username and email address, submit a request through Help Desk Self Service.
- To change your display name on your desk phone, submit a request through Help Desk Self Service.
- To change your name in the searchable Boise State directory, complete the Directory Change Request form.
- To change your voicemail, follow instructions on our Phones site.