Change Your Username
If you want to change your username, there are a few steps to complete and a few things to understand.
- You will have a new email address, and you have sole responsibility of notifying contacts of your new address.
- If you are a faculty member who uses Canvas, you will need to manually update your Canvas user profile to include your new email address.
- If you have queries in PeopleSoft, you will need to save them, as they won’t transfer over to the renamed account.
- If you are subscribed to any mailing lists, you must unsubscribe with your original email address before your username change occurs and then re-subscribe with your new email address after the change.
- After your account is renamed, your Canvas access will be unavailable for 3-6 hours.
How to Change Your Username
First, update your “Preferred Name” in PeopleSoft.
To do this, log in to myBoiseState, select Campus Solutions (PeopleSoft) in your Employee view, then select Update Personal Info > Personal Details and click the Preferred name to edit it.
- To change your accounts username and email address, submit a request through Help Desk Self Service.
- To change your display name on your desk phone, submit a request through Help Desk Self Service.
- To change your voicemail, follow instructions on our Phones site.