The OPWL is an entirely online program geared to the full-time working professional who needs flexibility in time (within any given week) and location.
Below are the hardware requirements and recommended software applications for your graduate study.
All the usual workplace software is needed: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. But before purchasing be sure you take advantage of university student software deals and stores, as well as free collaborative online video tools for student team and project meetings as well as free text-to-speech software tools that will assist you with all your coursework reading.
- FREE Microsoft Office Pro (which contains Word, Excel, and Powerpoint + others) for Boise State students
- FREE download of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- FREE Collaborative Online Video/Screen Sharing Tools
- FREE Text to Speech Tools
- Text to Speech Apps you can buy for your device
- Bibliographic Software
- Broncotec is an online university store priced to meet student technology needs
Hardware – PC or MAC?
Review the minimum requirements for each and confirm your computer system meets your needs.
- 1 GHz or faster Intel Pentium 4, Intel Centrino, Intel Xeon, or Intel Core Duo (or compatible) processor
- Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or 8.1
- Multicore Intel processor
- Mac OS X v10.9; iOS 7.0.6, iOS 8.0.2 (for iPad)
- 2 GB of RAM minimum (4 GB recommended)
- 250 GB hard-disk
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or 11 for viewing multimedia content
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024×768 display (1280×1024 recommended) with 16-bit video card
- USB headset with a microphone