About Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning
For more than 30 years, the Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning program trains and educates professionals seeking to:
- Develop their instructional design skills
- Transform their instructional design projects into performance-based training and development
- Expand their instructional design toolkit to include other essential skills and resources, including needs assessment, evaluation, e-learning design and development and performance improvement practices
The Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning graduate programs are fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
Learn more about the Organizational Workplace and Performance Learning program’s vision mission and history
- Improve workplace performance in a way that is systematic
- Improve workplace performance in a way that is systemic
- Improve workplace performance in a way that is consistent with established professional ethics
- Improve workplace performance in a way that is consistent with established professional standards
- Align performance improvement solutions with strategic organizational goals
- Make recommendations that are designed to produce valued results
- Collaborate effectively with others, in person and virtually
- Communicate effectively in written, verbal, and visual forms
- Use evidence-based practices
- Contribute to the professional community of practice
Begin or Advance Your Career in Instructional Design, E-Learning or Performance Improvement
In addition to coursework, our graduate programs provide both experienced and new professionals with:
- Internships to gain workplace experiences working as a virtual member of an instructional design team
- Structured guidance for portfolio development with professional work samples and support for social networking with other professionals
- Refresh of existing skills with new theories and emerging practices
- Opportunities to partner with faculty on conference presentations or article publications, as well as participate on faculty research via virtual research labs
Learn From Real-World Projects
In our online courses, you don’t just learn from books; you learn from real-world projects.
- Complete needs assessments, instructional design and evaluation projects for real clients
- Create storyboards and develop your storyboards into e-learning modules using software such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate and Camtasia
- Design and apply performance improvement and change management strategies to the workplace
- Develop survey and interview instruments, analyze data and create visuals to enhance your data storytelling
- For those seeking a deeper dive into instructional design, OPWL 547: Learning Experience Design covers design thinking, personas, empathy maps, prototyping and agile practices. OPWL 527: Game-Based and Gamified Learning teaches how to design engaging and interactive learning using game-based learning theories as well as how to gamify the learning process to engage and motivate the learners.
Join Our Community of Practice in Instructional Design and Performance Improvement
In becoming an Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning student, you are joining a community of practice of instructional design, training and development and performance improvement professionals from across the USA, each province of Canada and countries across the world.
Connecting with people whose passion you share helps you keep up with rapid changes in technology and their impact on the workplace.
Research and Development Labs
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
Contact our enrollment and student success team for support by emailing us at OPWLGrad@boisestate.edu or calling (208) 426-5921.