Work Experience Opportunity: Lab Associate
The Process Management Lab (PML) seeks up to three Lab Associates to work with Dr. Villachica in a collaborative environment to:
- Conduct a review of relevant professional research related to process improvement.
- Draft a manuscript for submission to a professional journal.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants direct experience in working with a team to conduct literature reviews and write manuscripts for publication.
Tour of Duty: Fall 2022 Semester with opportunity to continue through the Fall and Spring
Time Commitment: 45 total hours
Academic Credit: 1 credit hour, pass/fail, independent study possible
Application Open: 8/10/22
Application Deadline: 8/24/22
Personnel Selection: 8/29/22
Orientation Meeting: 8/31/22
Background Reading: Process Management and Process Improvement
- Complete Process Management training (1 hour)
- Madison (2005) Design Principles in Process Redesign (1.5 hours)
- Madison (nd) The Value of Improving and Managing Processes (1.5 hours)
- Madison (nd) Using Staff Frustration to Improve a Process (1.5 hours)
- Uday-Riley & Guerra-Lopez (2010) Process Improvement (1.5 hours)
- Literature Review – 6 Steps to Find Quality Resources: Using this Guide (1 hour)
- Be a good team player
- Build constructive and effective relationships with other Lab Associates
- Use diplomacy and tact; truly value people
- Complete a 1-hour independent study during your first semester with the PML (for OPWL students new to the PML; not required for OPWL graduates)
- Log hours spent on the project
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good listener
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Write clearly and concisely
- Ability to complete tasks and graciously accept constructive feedback
- Provide timely, relevant, constructive, and kind feedback to others on the team
45 total hours
None. This is a volunteer effort.
For More Information
View our video!