Approved Policy Revisions
Student Code of Conduct (2020) – Revised 05/2019. Revised bringing policy into alignment with University Policy 1060 (Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment) and University Policy 1065 (Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking). Revisions clarify Sanctioning Boards throughout; provide updated definitions for Hearing Officer and Conduct Hearing Administrators; detail the process for Conduct Administrative Hearings; and clarify the sanction appeal process under 2020 and the appeal process for 1060 and 1065 decisions. Policy revisions are effective for students May 13, 2019.
Travel (6180). Revised 04/2019. Revised language removing pre-approval requirement to use a P-card for non-employee expenses. Removed requirement for all expenses to be paid with personal funds upfront and reimbursable only upon completion of travel. Revised language allows P-card usage for the business-related aspects of travel.
Cash Handling (6010). Revised 04/019. Revised language to comply with State Board of Education Policy, Section V.
Change Funds and Petty Cash (6020). Revised 04/2019. Policy revised deleting procedural language and added clarifying language bringing policy into alignment with University Policy 6010 (Cash Handling).
Investment Policy (6050). Revised 04/2019. Revised removing language requiring the Investment Committee to be chaired by the Treasurer.
Bank Accounts (6200). Revised 04/2019. Revised adding language under Section 3.2 clarifying the Controller’s Office responsibilities.
Possession of Firearms/Weapons on University-Owned or Controlled Premises (12080). Revised 04/2019. Updated under Section 4.2.g allowing the lawful carrying of concealed firearms by a qualified, retired law enforcement officer in compliance with Idaho Code §18-3302K. Section 4.4.b was revised prohibiting any employee who holds an enhanced license to carry concealed weapons and is assigned to, or regularly expected to respond to any area where carrying firearms are prohibited under Section 4.2.g.(i-ii), from carrying a firearm while on shift.
Tuition and Student Fees (3150). Revised 04/2019. Revised to ensure student fees are expended for their stated purpose and in compliance with State Board of Education Policy, Section V.R.
Cost Sharing (6110). Revised 04/2019. Substantial rewrite to ensure policy is in alignment with Office of Management and Budget Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (“Uniform Guidance”), and the Federal Acquisition (“FAR”).
Practicum and Internship (3060). Revised 04/2019. Updated to allow practicum/internship courses to include Work U course offerings.
Information Technology (IT) Governance (8150). Revised 12/2018. Updated under Section II.B. to establish a requirement for the Information Technology Governance Council (ITGC) to perform an annual review of external IT regulatory and compliance standards.
Additional Baccalaureate Degree or Double Major (3030). Revised 12/2018. Updated to remove the requirement for thirty (30) additional credits when simultaneously earning a double major with two different degrees.
New Policies Approved
Data Governance Committee (8160). Approved 04/2019. New policy establishing authority for a Data Governance Committee charged with governing the access, use, quality, and retention of University data and ensuring University employees, students, contractors, consultants, affiliates, and vendors act ethically and responsibly with respect to data.
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) (6340). Approved 04/2019. New policy established to protect against payment card fraud in e-commerce and terminal-based transactions in compliance with Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standards. This new policy also defines and provides requirements and guidelines for all payment card activities and establishes required practices for all members of Boise State University.
Policies in Development or Revision Process
Policies in Revision
- Use of University Space Web (1100)
- Access Control (9080)
- Policy Development Authority (1000)
- Student Complete Withdrawal form the University (3110)
- University Administrative Complete Withdrawals (4185)
- Faculty Initiated Withdrawal (4190)
- Exclusion from Campus (12020)
- Emeritus Faculty and Staff Appointment and Privileges (7480)
- P-Card (6140)
- University Sponsorship (9180)
- University Vehicles (9040)
- Search for and Selection of Department Chairs, Division Managers, or Unit Heads (4500)
- Desktop and Laptop Computing Standards (8030)
- Information Privacy and Data Security (8060)
- Collection Management and Public Display of University Art (9090)
- Drone Operations (12120)
- Procedures for Filing a Request for Reinstatement to a Graduate Program (3090)
- Pedestrian and Personal Vehicle Conveyance (9010)
- Speed Limit on Campus (9020)
- Threat Assessment (12030)
- C.A.R.E. (12050)
- Academic Probation (3000)
- Safety and Loss Control (9130)
- Smoke Free Campus (9110)
- Commercial Filming and Photography (10030)
- Research Faculty Policies and Procedures (5010)
- Allocation and Distribution of Recovered Facilities and Administrative Costs (6100)
- Use of Human Subjects (5050)
- Animal Care and Use (5070)
- Biosafety (5080)
New Policies Under Development
- New – Institutional Base Salary
- New – Chargebacks
- New – Professor of Practice
- New – Electronic Signatures
- New – Guidelines for Evaluation of Teaching Faculty
- New – Compensation
- New – Hiring
- New – Campus Lost and Found
- New – Accommodating Disabilities in the Workplace
- New – Separation from University Employment
- New – Proper Funds Management
Policies in Approval Process
- New – Problem Solving for Classified and Non-Classified/Professional Employees
- Deceased Students (2270)
- Faculty Leave for Birth/Adoption and Workload Release Plan (7265)
- Official Student Absence Policy (3120)
- New – Position Budget Deficit Resolution
- Background Investigations (7005)
- New – Payroll Under/Over Payment
- New – I-9 Legal Authorization to Work
- New – Employee Files
- New – Self-Disclosure of Criminal Proceedings
- Last Week of Classes and Final Exams (3080)
- Faculty Evaluation (4290)
- Meals and Refreshments (6240)
- IT Accessibility (8140)
- Public Safety Camera Systems (12140)
- Capital Project Needs (9170)
- Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment (1060)
- Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking (1065)
- Sponsored Programs Cost Transfer (5090)
Policies for Deletion
- Capital Improvement (6190)
- Employee Action Form (7120)
- Scheduling Use of Boise State Grounds by Student Organizations (9160)
- Public Relations and Alcohol Expenses (6250)
- Meals and Refreshments – Local Funds (6260)