Idaho Youth Ranch (IYR) is seeking an Outreach Intern, and you are invited to apply! As an Outreach Intern, you will work alongside the Outreach Specialist to help homeless youth find the resources they need. This is a fantastic opportunity for students interested in working with youth and/or non-profit organizations.
Responsibilities of the Outreach Intern include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Outreach Specialist in providing opportunities for homeless individuals in the area to seek shelter
- Gaining exposure on how to maintain working relationships with homeless shelters, law enforcement, and other homeless outreach entities in the region
- Assisting with overseeing Hays House alumni communication and relations
- Learning how to provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed
- Providing support to the Outreach Specialist in overseeing the Safe Place program
- Compassionately providing support to any homeless client who is enrolled and helping clients successfully graduate from the program
- Bringing joy while modeling IYR values in daily actions
Students interested in applying for this position must be energetic, outgoing, and willing to build positive relationships with others. The Outreach Intern will be expected to obtain specialized training related to the position, including CPR, First Aid, and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention. Additionally, work times may include occasional but planned evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, send your resume to the Outreach Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation of why you think you would be a good fit for the internship. If you have any questions, contact IYR at (208) 322-3905.